Monday, October 5, 2009

Whirlwind of a Weekend!!!

Friday night we had family fun night! We like to cuddle up on the couch and watch movies or play Wii. So after a quick and easy Taco Bell dinner, Wii it was! We played trivia, yatzee, and battleship! As we played, I couldn't help but smile, and thank God for my beautiful family!

Saturday morning I woke up early, planning to run a 5K in Cary. It was cold, and my kids were sound asleep, so I decided not to, and instead went back to sleep for an hour. I was kicking myself later for not doing the race! But, when I woke up, I had so much energy, and no idea where it came from. Chad was in a 2 day golf tournament, so it was just the girls and I. We went to Walmart to buy a birthday present for a party they were going to. An hour later, they both had new bedding, and had decided to change beds. Olivia would now have Haley's full size bed, and Haley would have the solid oak bunk beds. We got home, and immediately got to work, switching out the beds. The girls were a big help putting the bottom bunk back together. I then dropped them off at the party, and got back to work myself. I did get my middle finger stuck between the plywood and the frame at one point, and thought I was going to be stuck there until Chad got home a few hours later. But luckily I was able to free myself after about 5 minutes. My finger still hurts a little today! So, I digress...my awesome neighbor, Justy, came over and helped me assemble the top bunk. By the time I went to get the girls from the party, both rooms were completely redecorated. We ran to Walmart and picked up a new lamp shade, and curtains before Chad got home. He was surprised to see the new rooms, and the girls were so proud! Chad and I went out for a great date on Saturday night. It was nice to just sit and talk since we have both been going in opposite directions all week long.

Sunday morning, once again, I woke up with such energy! The girls and I went to church, and then made a pit stop at Menards. I decided I want to tear off the wallpaper border in the kitchen, put up new blinds, paint, and put handles on the cabinets. So we were on a mission for those items. I bought a couple handles, but that task is overwhelming, there are WAY too many choices! I didn't buy blinds, because once again I was too indecisive. I did buy a little sample of paint, because buying a whole gallon might be too much! I think I like the color though, so I may just finish it next weekend. I started on removing the wallpaper, but apparently I underestimated the size of the task, so that will have to wait too.

My biggest accomplishment of the weekend, was getting out and running a little over 8 miles. Chad needed a ride home after celebrating his golf tournament victory, so I ran to the bar and drove him home. It was a hilly run, but I kept a 9:23 pace, which felt great. Only two weeks until my 1/2 marathon in Des Moines:)

Overall, it was a busy weekend! Next weekend is looking to be just as exciting. Chad is going to Iowa for the BIG Iowa vs. Michigan football game, while I take the girls to Miley Cyrus in Milwaukee!

1 comment: