Monday, October 26, 2009

Back on Track!

88 days! We leave for Maui in 88 short days! So, today I am officially "back on track". I am back to counting points; back to the marathon training plan; back to working out twice a day most days!

I have two goals in mind. The first, to finish my first marathon! I don't want to set a time goal, because I have never ran a marathon and don't want to get discouraged with times. I just want to finish, and feel good about it in the end! I finished my half marathon with a huge smile on my face, and I want to do the same at the full marathon.

My second goal, to be able to wear a bikini on the beach, and feel good about myself doing it! The last time we were in Maui in January 2008, I was near my heaviest weight. I sat on the beach and swam in the ocean, but I did not feel good about the way I looked or felt! This time, I want to be proud of myself as I sit on the beach and swim in the ocean. A couple months ago, I got the motivation I need from my husband! I asked him if he thought I could wear a bikini in Hawaii (at this point I had lost nearly 30 pounds), and he responded with a shrug and a funny face. I was so upset, but then again, thank him for being honest! I would rather have him tell me the truth, then lie, and embarass myself! I guess I will just work that much harder on my core muscles at the gym over the next 88 days!

Here's to "back on track"!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Wow, 88 days! That's awesome. Keep up the good work, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete