Thursday, October 29, 2009

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!



Was it really 8 years ago? Where has the time gone? I swear sometimes it seems like only a day or two ago that I rolled over in bed and said, "Honey, I think my water just broke," and Chad casually replied, "Jam, go back to sleep, you are dreaming." I was not dreaming, but my dreams were coming true. That day I became a mom to the most beautiful little brown haired, blue eyed princess! I remember so clearly the doctor telling me that day I was going to have a 9 pound baby, and responding, "oh, no we are not!" Sure enough, after an 16 hours of labor my 8 pound 14 ounce baby was born (just shy of 9 pounds)!

Two days later on Halloween we brought her home in a premie pumpkin sleeper. It was all they had and Chad's mom really wanted her to celebrate her first Halloween! She couldn't really bend her arms because it was pretty tight. As I buckled her into the car seat I cried tremendously, and looked at Chad and commented that now we were responsible for this little tiny human being, and there was no way I could handle it! I think I have done pretty well over the last 8 years, if I do say so myself:)

My princess is so smart, and can be quite funny, loving and inspiring! She loves music just like her Daddy; for her 8th birthday she got her first ipod! Olivia was blessed with natural athletic talent, which we all know she did not get from her mother! In December she will begin her career as a competitive gymnast! She is shy and outgoing all at the same time. She was the lead in the first grade musical last year, even singing a solo! She is a great big sister, and would do absolutely anything for Haley! I am so proud to be her Mom!
P.S. I tried to upload some more pictures, but it is not working. Maybe later!
Happy Birthday, Olivia! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment