Thursday, September 3, 2009

.....I've come a long way....

Monday night my awesome husband decided he would like to go for a run with me! Monday is usually one of my rest days in my training, but since he volunteered to go with me, and I know how much he despises running, I didn't want to let this opportunity pass me by. He suggested Harvard Hills Road, which I advised against, but off we went. He told me that he could do no more than 2 miles, so I planned using my Garmin to get us back home right at 2 miles. I had Belle on my arm, who hadn't been on a run in quite a while, and was running pretty fast, even for me. Chad did great. We came back into our neighborhood, and he hit me on the back and said, "I need to cool down, we can't run all the way home." I looked at my Garmin and we were at 1.6 miles - I was proud of him. I couldn't tell who was breathing heavier, Chad or Belle, but they both survived. I then had an amazing revelation....I was not even sweating, nor was I panting like Chad and Belle! I was so excited, looking back to 9 months ago, when I started this journey, I could barely run one mile on my treadmill without dying. Here are a couple pictures from Christmas 2008, when I decided that I needed to lose weight, and get on track. I honestly didn't believe I was very big until I looked at these pictures.





Next Saturday, I will be running a 9.5 mile race! Technically it is 16,726 yards, the distance that Walter Payton ran during his football career, but I've been told it is 9.5 miles. This will be the longest race I have run in my short running career, and I can't wait. Tonight, I head out for the longest run in my short running career, just over 9 miles. Here are two pictures from this summer. I am so happy to see the changes in my body! Not only do I have so much more energy and endurance, but I am only 7 pounds from the goal weight I set back in January. I feel great, and am honestly not working too hard to get to that goal. If I don't reach it, I don't care!



(I'm still new to blogging and can't figure out why it is shrinking my pictures!)












2 comments:

  1. Jamie... You look AMAZING! It's so inspiring to see your progress and to read about your journey! It just goes to show that us wives and mothers don't have to "let ourselves go"! You can do anything you put your mind to! I'm proud of you! Keep it up!

    I'll be thinking about you during your run next Saturday... you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO!!! It's great to see the "before" and "after" pictures. I am very proud of how far you have come...it's hard work, but it is SO worth it. Good luck in your race...you'll do great...and remember, just keep going. ;-)

    ReplyDelete