Friday, August 28, 2009

My kids think I'm so cool!

Last weekend, Haley got a package from my dad and step-mom in the mail for her birthday. One of the gifts was a Hannah Montana CD, which Chad and I have heard at least 100 times since Friday. Both girls like to play one particular song over and over and over, but they do like the entire CD.

Driving to work yesterday I heard on the radio Miley Cyrus live in concert October 27th at the United Center. My first thought was, the girls would LOVE to go see Miley Cyrus, and Olivia's birthday is October, so it could be her birthday present. I forgot about it until late in the day, and then decided to log on and see if there were still tickets available. I found out that she is also coming to Milwaukee on Saturday, October 10th. I thought that a Saturday would be better since it will be a late night for the girls. Chad already had plans to go to Iowa that weekend for the Iowa vs. Michigan home game, so I decided it would be a great mom and daughter date night, and went ahead and bought 3 tickets.

I told Chad that I wasn't going to tell them until the day of, but anyone that knows me, knows I have a hard time keeping a secret. I got home from work, and within about 2 minutes told them I had a surprise, but they had to guess what it was. The guesses starting with Haley asking if it was a dance, and Olivia suggesting a play. Haley guessed a Miranda Cosgrove (read iCarly) concert, and I told them they were very close. A few minutes later Haley guessed it, and then started screaming and dancing around the kitchen. Olivia's eyes lit up and she had the hugest smile on her face. If I knew I was going to get that reaction, I would have videotaped it! It was priceless! Needless to say, they are very excited, and I am ONE COOL MOM!

1 comment:

  1. You are one cool mom! Kylee's birthday is in September... She would DIE if we got Miley tickets!

    ReplyDelete