Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm new to this and 3 Day here we come!!!

Many of my friends have blogs -- some share their motherhood journey, some share a lot of useless nothing (but I still read it), some share the sadness in their lives, some share a unique journey they are on. I hope this blog will share the major events in my life, as well as my family's lives. I will use it to document my newest journey, becoming a marathon runner. Yep, I said marathon runner. I will be running my first marathon January 24, 2010 in Maui, Hawaii! But for now, I am going to start with blogging about my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk Journey!

Back in January, two of my closest friends and I on a whim decided that we would walk the 3 day (read 60 mile) walk for Susan G. Komen. Thankfully, none of the 3 of us has ever had breast cancer, or had a close family member with breast cancer, but we thought it was a way to give back. Fast forward to August, and tomorrow we begin our journey.

Well actually, it began quite a while ago, with training, which I am sure we have not done enough of. And raising funds, as we each must raise $2,300 in order to walk. We resorted to begging, borrowing, but not stealing. As of this post, I think we will all have our funds.

Last night, Dani and I dyed some old bras pink, to use as tent decorations. There is a contest, and WE INTEND TO WIN! I'll post pictures of the camp, so you can see how great the pink bras look. We also highlighted our hair pink. I do have a couple pictures, but I didn't get them uploaded this morning. More to come on that... Rebecca has yet to join us, but I am sure she will tonight, if nothing else Dani and I are really good with peer pressure! Tonight, we will be staying in Northbrook, and starting the walk bright and early tomorrow! I am so excited, and can't wait to share this great adventure with you!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend! Have fun and WIN THAT CONTEST!!

    ReplyDelete