Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week One: I am a Warrior

This week's marathon training did not go exactly as planned, but it still went well. On Tuesday, I had a school board meeting that lasted until 2:30 in the morning. Luckily, I had gotten up early and put my miles in before work. I also got my 5 miles in on Wednesday, but by Thursday the lack of sleep caught up to me. I skipped working out all together on Thursday.

The highlight of my week was Saturday, when I ran the Midwest Warrior Dash. The Warrior Dash is a 5K race which includes 12 obstacles along the way. The obstacles included jumping over old junked cars, crossing a plank, climbing over 3 foot walls, about 20 foot cargo net climb, a 3 foot deep mud pool, a 20 foot hay stack to climb, about 10 small hills at the end of the race, jumping over fire, and finally crawling under barbed wire through thick gooey, cold mud. IT WAS AWESOME! We had such a great time. I was really nervous going into this race, because I did not know what to expect. Others told us it was hard, because your shoes got so muddy and wet, and it was! I had planned to run with my sister-in-law, Amy, but I lost her somewhere in one of the obstacles. I looked back thinking she was right next to me and I couldn't find her, so I just kept running. There were a lot of people that did not RUN this race but walked and just did the obstacles. I am proud to say I ran the entire way. I also felt pretty good about the obstacles, apparently adding a little weight training into my routine paid off in getting over some of the obstacles. I have no idea what my time was, but I do know it was FUN!

Here are my totals for the week: Run 19 miles, Walk 6 miles (I only have 7 weeks until the 3 day, I am going to have to up this a little!), Bike 1.50 (the girls wanted to go on a bike ride, so I just added this in)

No comments:

Post a Comment