Friday, June 11, 2010

1/2 Day Fridays

For the first time in a while, the girls rode with me on my way to work this morning. We sang, we laughed, and just remembered some of my favorite moments during their first 6 and 8 years. Then Chad got in the car and we tried to get him involved! He pretty much just laughed at us! A few minutes later I got out of the car and walked into work with tears in my eyes! I love them so much! I am so proud to be their Mom. It's been hard for me to come to work the past 2 weeks, because they are home enjoying summer. I feel like I am missing out on so much with them, while I am at work. I love my job, and love what I do, but I sometimes wish I could just be home a little more with them! Chad has been working more and more from home, so they have spent a lot of time with him, and I know they are in good hands with Dani, but I just miss them so much! One of our conversations today centered around the fact that our neighbor has 1/2 day Fridays during the summer. It went like this:

Me: "I wish I could have 1/2 day Fridays!"
Haley: "You should tell your boss that you want 1/2 day Fridays just for the summer, Mom."
Me: "I don't think my boss would go for that, because he wants me to work more hours so I can make more money." [Yes, I was trying to explain the billable hour to my 6 and 8 year old]
Olivia: "Well, Mom, someday, you'll be the boss, and then you can have 1/2 day Fridays whenever you want."
Me: "I like the way you think, Liv!"

While I am missing my kids from work today, I am dreaming about the days when I can have 1/2 day Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment