Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update and Des Moines Marathon!

I haven't posted in just about 2 months, mainly because my life is boring, and busy! I have thought often about posting some updates on the kids, and all the fun stuff we have been involved in, but have not gotten around to posting anything!

Here is a brief summary /update of the comings and goings in in the Wombacher household:

(1) The girls are in gymnastics on opposite nights, which takes us to Johnsburg four nights a week. Johnsburg is about 30 minutes away. They love gymnastics. We hate the drive. They win.

(2) The girls are having so much fun in 2nd and 3rd grade. Haley's Spanish has improved a lot. She has to draw three pictures each day showing something she did, and then write 3 sentences in Spanish about those things. It's only been a month, and we are all out of ideas! Her days are the same every day, so we have resorted to making things up! Olivia is doing so well in Spanish that she got to read the words for the Spanish spelling test a week ago.

(3) Haley is taking piano lessons. She likes to learn the new songs and notes, but hates to practice.

(4) For Olivia's birthday she wanted her own desk in her room. She got a new desk, bookcase, and adorable hot pink chiar. (As a nerdy mom, I was so excited for her, but not near as excited as she was!)

(5) We have been traveling to Iowa for football games A LOT. The girls and I have even made it to 2 games. (I would post adorable pictures, but I'm at work) Chad's mom sent them each a Ricky Stanzi # 12 Jersey, which they LOVE.

(6) I have not been running as much as I would like, because I have been working too much. Nevertheless, in 2 days I will be running my 2nd marathon. I am excited and nervous all at the same time!

I hope to provide an update after the race. Maybe I will post some pictures soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment