Thursday, August 19, 2010

TEN!







I guess an appropriate sub-title to this post is if I knew then what I know now. 10 years ago today I married the love of my life. I honestly cannot believe it has been 10 years since we said "I do!" Most of the time it seems like only yesterday, but occasionally it seems like forever!! On August 19, 2000, I knew that I was marrying a great guy, a true friend, and the person I wanted to spend every possible minute with. I knew I was marrying a smart ass who would always be quick with a one liner. I knew he was a good golfer, and shared my love of good food. I knew that we both had hopes and dreams that we were scared to share with anyone else. I knew that he loved me unconditionally (because he had met my family, and still wanted to marry me:) But, I don't think I knew how much I did not yet know about the man I had just promised to spend the rest of my life with. I am so thankful for the past 10 years, and the chance to have learned so much about myself, my husband and about life!

On August19, 2000, I did not know that a year later he would hold our little girl, and rock her to sleep, and it seemed so natural that I knew he was meant to be a daddy. I did not know, that when I would crash one of our cars (more than once), he would hold me and comfort me, and not get angry. I did not know that he would sacrifice some of his career goals in order for me to advance in mine. I did not know that he would send me flowers at work "just because." I did not know that he would be the one cooking dinner and cleaning the house most of the time. I did not know that he would teach me so much about myself just by listening to me complain! I did not know just how much I loved the man I had just married! There are a million other things that I did not know on August 19, 2000, that I do now. I thank God every day for bringing Chad to me, and for the life I have and the things I now know!






1 comment:

  1. Awww, great post Jamie. Praying for many more decades for you guys.

    ReplyDelete