Friday, May 28, 2010

The End. . . It's Just Another Beginning











Today is the last day of school in Harvard. Or, using Olivia's lingo, "the last 2 hours of school." The girls are ready for summer! They are looking forward to the pool, softball, and spending time with their friends. I long for the days when I could spend the entire day outside without a care in the world. While today is the end of my time as a mom of a 1st and 2nd grader, it is the beginning of fun in the sun for them. For the past two years on the last day of school, I was a mess. I cried so hard two years ago, as I simply could not believe that my first born beautiful little girl had finished kindergarten. Once again I cried so hard last year, as I realized that I would never have a kindergartner again. Today was different. I didn't cry, but I smiled as I looked at how much my babies have grown and changed during this school year. My normally quiet, studious Olivia has blossomed into quite the little jokester. The entire time we took pictures on the porch this morning, she kept asking to just do a funny one! Of course, as you can see I did let her do a funny one. Haley did not know what to do for her funny one, so we call this her "Sponge Bob Face". My little Haley, who could not stand school last year and just wanted it to be over, can't stop talking about Mr. Beesley and Ms. LaSota. She has learned to love school and all that it entails. They both are good readers, good friends, and make me so proud!

I love you girls! In just 15 minutes, I will officially have a daughter in 2nd grade and a daughter in 3rd grade. On September 1st, when they go back to school, for the first time since they went to day care, they will be entering school in the same building. I cannot wait to see how they interact when they go to school together! Cheers to the beginning of summer, my little princess and pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment